Adapted from Whole Clean Living, found on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest
Ground Turkey (or Ground Beef), 1 lb
Egg, 1 large
Paprika, 1 teaspoon
Onion Powder, 1 teaspoon
Garlic Powder, 1 teaspoon
Onion, 1 small yellow, chopped
Fresh Spinach, 1 tbsp, chopped (we almost used kale instead – I think we might do that next time!)
Dried Parsley, 1 teaspoon
Sea Salt, 1 teaspoon, or to taste
Fresh Ground Pepper, 1 teaspoon, or to taste
1. In a large pot start simmering your homemade or store bought tomato sauce.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, dried parsley, salt and pepper.
3. Then add the egg, chopped onion and chopped spinach. Mix with your hands being careful not to over mix.
4. Make little balls out of the meat.
5. Heat up a skillet with 2 tablespoons of EVOO.
6. Slowly add the meatballs to the skillet and brown each side.
7. Once browned, add the meatballs to the simmering tomato sauce so they can cook through and absorb some of the saucy flavors!
8. Allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
9. Serve with your favorite pasta!