As you know from reading my blog, I cannot handle letting bananas go to waste. I always have to bake something with them. I have been getting bored with the usual banana bread so I decided to make something a bit different. I even tweaked my recipe a bit to make it a little healthier. They were a huge hit at the office this week. Who doesn’t love a nice pre-weekend treat? Hope you enjoy! Happy Friday!
Margarine, ¾ stick
Applesauce, ¼ cup
Flour, 1 ½ cups
Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
Sea Salt, ½ teaspoon
Baking Soda, 1/4 teaspoon
Ripe Bananas, 2 mashed
White Sugar, ½ cup
Brown Sugar, ½ cup
Eggs, 2 large
Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two muffin pans with Pam.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking powder together in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, mix together margarine, white sugar & brown sugar until creamy.
- Slowly add eggs, applesauce, vanilla and mashed bananas.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into the muffin pans, until each is about ¾ filled.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes up clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool.