One of my all time favorite desserts is cheesecake. I ALWAYS order it when I see it on a menu. Who doesn’t love a beautiful graham cracker crust with a luscious sweet cream cheese filling on top?! My mother only makes cheesecake once a year – for the Jewish holiday of Shavuot. It has been years since we have been able to be in Los Angeles for it so we always miss out on the amazingness that is her cheesecake. I have been learning to make do without it over the years and this dairy free cheesecake recipe has been helping me cope. It came from a friend and I put my little spin on it. Thanks Lindsay aka BB!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Keebler Graham Cracker Crust, 1 crust
Trader Joe’s This Is Not A Tub of Cream Cheese, 2 whole tubs
Vanilla, 1-1/2 teaspoons
Lemon Juice, 1 teaspoon
Fresh Lemon Zest, 2 tablespoons
White Sugar, 1/2 cup
Blueberry Pie Filling, 1/2 can
Fresh Blueberries, 1/2 cup washed and dried
Additional Lemon Zest for Topping, 1 teaspoon (optional)
Mint, 1 small sprig for decoration (optional)
1. Place all of the ingredients into your KitchenAid Mixer. Mix on low for two minutes until combined.
2. Pour the mixture into the crust.
3. Place the filled crust onto a baking sheet and bake at 350 for one (1) hour.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the counter.
5. Chill in the refrigerator overnight. One (1) hour before serving top with the blueberry pie filling and fresh blueberries. Zest the lemon right on top of the filling and then place a sprig of mint in the middle. Cover and chill until you are ready to serve!