Lazy Sundays are the best aren’t they?!
Yesterday was a lazy Sunday because it was cold and rainy. It was perfect cuddle under a blanket on the couch weather. E and I watched several episodes of House Hunters along with the newest episode of Suits! So happy it is back! Sometimes I wish I could be a little more like Harvey Specter.
But I digress…
For lunch, we weren’t really feeling a salad. We were craving something warm and hearty so I decided to use some leftover pulled beef from the night before for sandwiches. Instead of serving it alone or on plain sliced bread, I made tasty little corn muffins, sliced them in half and filled them with pulled beef. The muffins were crunchy, salty and sweet. They were the perfect compliment to the beef and they soaked up all of the extra sauce!
Dark Brown Sugar, 1/2 cup
Onion, 2, sliced and diced
Garlic, 2 cloves, chopped
Sea Salt, 1 teaspoon
1. Place all of the ingredients into the Crockpot and allow to cook on Low for 8 hours.
2. Once the timer has sounded, shred the beef with two forks and allow to sit in the sauce for an additional thirty (30) minutes.
3. Plate and serve or allow to cool, remove and store in a Rubbermaid in the refrigerator.
Butter or Margarine, 1 cup, softened
White Sugar, 3/4 cup
Vanilla, 2-1/4 teaspoons
White Flour, 1-1/4 cups
Cornmeal, 1/2 cup
Baking Powder, 1-1/2 teaspoon
Sea Salt, pinch and a little extra to sprinkle on top of each muffin before baking
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with Wilton muffin liners or spray with Pam until well coated.
- Using a KitchenAid or electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs. Scrape the bowl with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder.
- With the mixer running, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until combined.
- Scoop the batter into muffin tin.
- Sprinkle the top of each of the muffins with sea salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.