Last week’s farm share from Stony Hill Farms included a HUGE purple eggplant. We weren’t in the mood for our usual favorites – eggplant pizza melts or curried sauteed eggplant. I was struggling to come up with something to do with the eggplant. E and I have never been huge fans of baba ganoush but a co-worker of mine had said it was really easy to make at home. All you need is an eggplant, an oven and a food processor. I had all three so I decided to give it a try. This recipe I kind of just threw together and it came out really great. We ate it with some of my famous roasted zucchini. Such a great combination!
Fresh Baba Ganoush – Ready To Spread!
Eggplant, one large eggplant sliced in half
Garlic, 2 cloves smashed
Fresh Lemon Juice, juice of 1 lemon
Tahini, 3 tablespoons
Sea Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the eggplant on a baking sheet and liberally drizzle with olive oil.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the eggplant is tender.
4. Allow to cool for 15 minutes on the counter.
5. Once cool, peel most of the skin off with your hands.
6. Chop the eggplant into smaller pieces and place into the Cuisinart Food Processor with the other ingredients listed above.
7. Pulse until smooth.
8. Serve immediately or store in a Ball Mason Jar in the refrigerator.