There have been an abundance of peaches and blueberries in our house ALL SUMMER LONG. Every week our CSA gives us more!
Yesterday I had about 10 peaches and a basket of blueberries and no idea what to do with them. I decided to cut up all of the peaches and bake! The muffin is my favorite vehicle! Everyone needs a mid-morning snack muffin loaded with delicious summer fruit. I paired the peaches and blueberries with oatmeal so they were a bit more breakfast like. The results were delicious!
** I cut up all of the peaches and only used about half of them in this recipe. The rest I froze so I could enjoy peaches throughout the winter months in my morning smoothies!
White Flour, 1 cup
Trader Joe’s Rolled Oats, 1-1/2 cups
White Sugar, 1/2 cup
Baking Powder, 1 tablespoon
Trader Joe’s Light Coconut Milk, 1 cup
Large Egg, 1 whisked
Vegetable Oil, 2 tablespoons
Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
Chopped Fresh Peaches, 1 cup
Fresh Blueberries, 3/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the egg, vanilla, oil and coconut milk.
- Incorporate this mixture into the dry ingredients slowly.
- Fold in the peaches and blueberries.
- Divide the mixture evenly into lined muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the top of each of the muffins with some additional rolled oats and sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.