December is always such a busy month! Holiday parties and Chanukah and family and more! It is one of my favorite months of the year!
We recently purchased a new farmhouse style dining room table from Emmor Works so we could entertain a bit more. Happy Chanukah to me! A few weekends ago we hosted some friends over for dinner. I was bored of the same old spinach and strawberry salad so I decided to make an israeli couscous salad with all of my favorite toppings! I am all about roasted veggies and salty olives. We had just purchased some marinated olives and marinated artichokes from Picklelicious at our local farmer’s market. I don’t typically share my olives or artichokes but I was in a giving mood. It is the holiday season after all!
The couscous was so earthy, salty and tart! So delicious! I wish I had made more so there would have been leftovers. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Trader Joe’s Israeli Couscous, 1 box
Asparagus, 1 bunch
Zucchini, 1 sliced and roasted
Marinated Olives, 10-15 roughly chopped
Marinated Artichokes, 5-10 roughly chopped
Fresh Ground Pepper
Lemon, zest and juice of 1 large lemon
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cook the Trader Joe’s Israeli Couscous according to the directions on the box. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Roast zucchini slices and whole asparagus with a little bit of olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder, in the oven until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Roughly chop the olives, artichoke, and asparagus.
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon zest and juice right before it is time to serve.
**You could probably substitute bulgur wheat or quinoa for the couscous if you are looking for something a little different!