As you know, Taco Tuesday is a big deal in my house. Unfortunately taco shells and tortillas are not all that healthy…
We have been TRYING to eat a bit healthier since the start of the new year. That means fewer tacos and more protein! This weeks protein was salmon. I went to my local ShopRite Supermarket earlier in the day and they had fresh Atlantic salmon on sale! Two filets for $6.99 – what a steal! I decided to spice it up with some Mexican spices and sear it in my Le Creuset Skillet. Total prep and cooking time was approximately twenty (20) minutes! Fast, fresh and healthy! Now that is more like it.
I served the salmon with some simply roasted asparagus. I roasted the asparagus with some EVOO, sea salt and fresh ground pepper in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for ten (10) minutes. They were PERFECTLY tender.
Salmon Filet, 2
EVOO, 2 tablespoons
Mexican Spice Mixture: 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel. Rub the spice mixture into both sides of the salmon.
- Heat the Le Creuset Skillet on the stove-top at medium heat. Drizzle in the EVOO.
- Place the salmon into the skillet skin side up. Cook for 3-4 minutes until you have a nice crust.
- Flip to the skin side and cook for another 3-4 minutes until cooked all the way through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite salad or roasted vegetable!