One pan meals are all the rage right now. Thank you Martha Stewart! The idea is that if you cook everything in or on one pan it saves you time post meal during cleanup. I am always up for trying something that will reduce my time in the kitchen after a long day at work.
As you know, I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. There is a large Persian community in LA and as a result I grew up eating Persian food. I love Persian spices. They are so bold! I had kebab seasoning in the house that I had been wanting to try. Why not make kebab crusted baked chicken?! WOW…it was AMAZING. The chicken was juicy and tender. The kebab seasoning had a little kick to it. That kick was balanced out by the sweetness of the sweet potatoes. It really was such a great flavor combination. I will definitely be making this again!
And when it was all over and the chicken was gone, all I had to do was throw one large rectangular Pyrex into the dishwasher. Easy peasy!
Empire Kosher Chicken Legs
Sweet Potatoes, 2, diced
Onion, 1, diced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (“EVOO”)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a large rectangular Pyrex with Pam Cooking Spray.
- Drizzle the chicken legs with EVOO and place into the Pyrex.
- Sprinkle the sweet potatoes and diced onion all around the chicken in the Pyrex. Drizzle with additional EVOO.
- Sprinkle the Kebab Seasoning all over the chicken, sweet potatoes and onions.
- Bake in the oven for one (1) hour. Cover with foil for the first thirty (30) minutes, then uncover and allow to brown for the last thirty (30) minutes.
- Eat with your favorite roasted vegetable side dish! I served mine with my Simply Roasted Asparagus.