One of my favorite recipes in my arsenal is my banana bread. It is the recipe I make most often and is what my friends want most. Whenever I have ripe bananas in the house this is my go-to.
The recipe had been buried at the bottom of the blog so I have decided to reissue it with some new glamour shots!
Bananas, 2-4 ripe, mashed
Margarine, 1 stick, unsalted, melted
Whole Wheat Flour, 1-1/2 cups
Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Soda, 1/4 teaspoon
Brown Sugar, 1/2 cup
White Sugar, 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
Chocolate Chips, optional
Pecans, chopped, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray your Farberware Nonstick Loaf Pan with PAM or cover with Reynolds Parchment Paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas.
- Add the margarine, sugars, eggs and vanilla to the large bowl and mix together until just combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the large bowl and mix until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- At this time fold in your chocolate chips or chopped pecans.
- Pour the batter into your Farberware Nonstick Loaf Pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes and then remove and cool on a wire rack.