Lemon Poppy Seed is such a classic combination. Unfortunately, I have never been a huge fan of poppy seeds. I think it stems from having to eat poppy seed hamantashen as a child…
I had a Meyer lemon sitting in the fridge so I decided to whip up some lemon muffins for the coming week. While I don’t keep poppy seeds in the house, I always have Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Chia Seeds in the house for smoothies. I thought it would be interesting to pair the Meyer lemon with the chia seeds. They are the perfect breakfast muffin! The lemon flavor is very light and the chia seeds do not get stuck in your teeth! They are also the perfect size for a grab and go breakfast!
Meyer Lemon, 1, zest and juice
Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Chia Seeds, 2 teaspoons
Fage 0% Plain Greek Yogurt, 2/3 cup
White Sugar, 1/2 cup
Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
Baking Soda, 1/4 teaspoon
Flour, 1-1/2 cups
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (“EVOO”), 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extra, 1 teaspoon
Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray your Wilton Nonstick Muffin Pan with PAM or insert Wilton Muffin Liners.
- In a large bowl mix together the EVOO, lemon juice, lemon zest, yogurt, egg, vanilla and sugar.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients just until combined.
- Fold in the chia seeds.
- Scoop into the muffin pan using a Baker’s Secret Cookie Dough Scoop.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.