Right when I thought winter was over and done with, the temperatures dipped back down to freezing here in New Jersey. When it is cold outside E and I crave soup.
The soup of the week is Crockpot White Bean Chicken Chili! I make chili all the time but I have never made a white bean chili and have always wanted to. This recipe is super easy and packs a big flavor punch. It is perfect for Taco Tuesday! If you don’t want it to be extra spicy then skip the fresh jalapeno. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Chicken Breast, 1 package
Onion, 1 small, chopped
Garlic, minced, 2 tablespoons
Cumin, 1 teaspoon
Oregano, ½ teaspoon
Garlic Powder, ¼ teaspoon
Fresh Ground Pepper, ¼ teaspoon
Sea Salt, ½ teaspoon
Onion Powder, ¼ teaspoon
Salsa Verde, 1 cup
White Beans, 1 large can (I used Goya cannellini beans)
Chicken Stock, low sodium, 3 cups
Jalapeno, 1, seeded and chopped
Trader Joe’s Frozen Roasted Corn, 1/2 bag
- Place the onion, jalapenos, frozen corn and garlic in the bottom of your Crockpot.
- Top with chicken and spice mixture.
- Add undrained cans of green chilies and salsa verde. Then add the cans of drained and rinsed white beans and chicken broth.
- Let everything cook on low for 8 hours.
- Before you serve, remove the chicken breast and shred on a cutting board. Once fully shredded, add the chicken back to your Crockpot. Let simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- While the soup is in its final simmer, using a pizza cutter, cut the tortillas into strips. Place on a baking sheet and spray with Pam. Bake in the oven until crispy for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice into each bowl and serve!