STYLE: A New York City Staycation with Vacay Style

A few weekends ago, my husband was away at a conference in Michigan, so I decided to have a little New York City staycation! I packed a bag, hopped on the train and within 40 minutes was right in the middle of everything.  I had a lot of ground to cover, as I was on a mission to explore a new neighborhood and eat somewhere different!

My first stop was to pick up a donut at Doughnut Plant, obviously. They have Pecha Berry “Pokeseed” donuts people! Then I walked down 23rd Street to Eataly, the iconic Flatiron building and Madison Square Park. After short break to rest my feet (and eat gelato in Eataly), I walked downtown to the new Gansevoort Market to check out The Doughnut Project (mini donuts galore) and Gotham Poke (all of the tuna). It was a food filled afternoon!

Thank god I was wearing something light, because it was a scorcher of a day! I wore a little something from a clothing line called Vacay Style. I was recently introduced to Vacay Style and I am already obsessed with the brand. As someone who travels frequently, I am always looking for ways to pack smarter. Vacay Style was founded by Elizabeth Hynes in 2014, after the idea for the brand came to her on her 18 month honeymoon! In packing for her trip, Elizabeth worked to pull together a collection of versatile pieces that could be mixed and matched easily. She also wanted clothing that wouldn’t wrinkle easily. Her Vacay Style line accomplishes just that. All of the pieces are light, wrinkle free, and can very easily transition from day to night and can be worn with other outfits.

For my New York City staycation, I wore my new Cabo Lace Top with chambray eyelet shorts (all about that chambray at the moment) to wander around the city. It is one of the softest and lightest tops I own. The Cabo Lace Top is part of the 5 piece Cabo Collection, that, when combined with a pair of shorts and a pair of jeans or pants, can create 14 different outfits! How amazing and versatile is that?! I cannot wait to bring it with me to Maui in a few weeks! Scroll down to see how its done.

If you are thinking of ordering something for your next vacation or staycation from Vacay Style, use the code SC15 for 15% off your order! Happy shopping!

STYLE: A New York City Staycation with Vacay StyleTRAVEL: A New York City Staycation with Vacay Style

Top: Vacay Style (Use Code SC15 for 15% Off Your Order), Shorts: Gap, Shoes: Everlane, Hat: J.Crew, Necklace: Maya Brenner, Watch: Freedom to Exist, Sunglasses: Toms

STYLE: A New York City Staycation with Vacay Style

STYLE: A New York City Staycation with Vacay Style

STYLE: A New York City Staycation with Vacay Style

STYLE: A New York City Staycation with Vacay Style

STYLE: A New York City Staycation with Vacay Style

STYLE: A New York City Staycation with Vacay Style

STYLE: A New York City Staycation with Vacay Style

STYLE: A New York City Staycation with Vacay Style

My top is from the Cabo Collection, pictured below:

Photography by Lydia Hudgens

Thank you Vacay Style for partnering on this post!

1. July 29, 2016 / 2:27 pm

Love this outfit! So perfect for Summer. That top is so fab on you! xo

2. July 29, 2016 / 2:33 pm

So jealous that you’re closer enough to just ‘pop’ into the city on any given day!!! UGHHH! #dreamlife You look adorable and I love how casual but classy the vibe of this outfit is–perfect for the heat!

xox,
    Kristin

3. July 29, 2016 / 3:00 pm

Love the details on those shorts and top! A hat is definitely so necessary in this summer time heat! So cute, girl.

xo, Amanda | http://www.thegoldengirldiary.com

4. July 29, 2016 / 4:08 pm

I love Vacay Style! This is such a cute top on you <3

XOXO,
    Kim

simpleyetchic.com

5. July 29, 2016 / 4:11 pm

This outfit is EVERYTHING! Love Vaca Style and the concept behind it! Stunning images my friend!!! xo

6. July 29, 2016 / 4:33 pm

What a cute look! I love the easy breezy style for your weekend of adventure in New York! It sounds like the perfect get-a-way weekend! I wish New York was close enough for me to do that, it sounds perfect.

xo Jana

7. July 29, 2016 / 4:39 pm

What a cute top! And I love the background! You look so casual and cute! Great pics babe xo

8. July 29, 2016 / 5:31 pm

First off, props to you for doing a staycation on your own 🙌🏻. I probably would have stayed in all wknd and binge watched a Netflix series, hahaha. Love this outfit, so casual chic 👌🏻👌🏻

Xoxo
    Tiffani

9. Lauren
    July 29, 2016 / 7:59 pm

The perfect vacation look! Looks like you had a fun time and I’m loving this top, especially paired with those darling shorts!!

-Lauren

10. July 29, 2016 / 8:24 pm

Love this post!! Kinda bias though because your in my city!!! Lol! New York days have been very hot so I’m glad you was prepared! Those shorts are soooo cute!! I never been to Doughnut Plant,, I swear there always a new place popping up in NYC I must check it out! This is the best vaca! Exploring new places with cute outfit!

Hugs & Love
    Joy

11. sarah lindner
    July 29, 2016 / 10:24 pm

Totally loving this vaca style! Looking super chic and summery!
    ​–
    ​xoxo
    Sarah Lindner

12. July 30, 2016 / 3:39 am

Wow I LOVE those shorts! I’m so jealous I wish I was only 40 minutes from NY. Your visits sound so delicious I need to try that donut place!

Thanks for sharing love,
    Kat | DeliriumStyle.com

13. July 30, 2016 / 9:37 pm

Love he outfit, perfect for NY summer. xx

14. July 31, 2016 / 4:03 pm