I don’t know about you, but the last thing I want to do during the summer is turn on the oven. Whenever I do, it makes my apartment feel like a sauna! Every Sunday, as I plan our meals for the week, I have been trying to incorporate more salads and recipes using only the stove-top. One of our favorite easy vegetable recipes this summer has been my Tahini Green Beans. I found the recipe on Gourmet Kosher Cooking and tweaked it to fit our tastes!
Instead of boiling the green beans I sautéed them in a little bit of EVOO and then steamed them by adding water to the pan and covering it. That way they didn’t get mushy and I didn’t have to worry about running the green beans under cold water. I also add an extra tablespoon of lemon juice and an additional clove or two of garlic. A little garlic breath never hurt anyone right?! See below for my tweaked version of the recipe, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Green Beans, 1 pound with the ends cut off
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (“EVOO”), 1/4 cup for the dressing and 2 tablespoons for the pan
Tahini, 2 heaping tablespoons
Fresh Lemon Juice, 3 tablespoons
Garlic, 2-3 cloves, pressed or minced
Dried Parsley, 2 teaspoons
Water, ~1/4 cup
Sea Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a bowl or add into your Chef’n Emulstir Salad Dressing Mixer and set aside.
- Heat your Le Creuset Skillet on the stovetop on medium heat. Add EVOO to the pan.
- Once the EVOO is glistening, add the green beans to the skillet.
- Stir around for 2-3 minutes or until the green beans are bright green.
- Add the water to the pan and cover for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the green beans are your desired tenderness, remove from the pan and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle the green beans with the tahini dressing and serve!