STYLE: The Summer Lawyer

Let’s get real for a minute. When bloggers, like me, take photos for their blog, the photos are typically taken all in one day, back to back to back. Lets just say I have changed in some very interesting bathrooms… Our hair is blow-dried, our makeup is done, every last detail is perfect. While the resulting photos are beautiful, they are not an accurate depiction of one’s life and every day style. Real life isn’t perfect. And my work outfits are far from perfect.

My goal each day is to look cute, comfortable and professional. Whether that means I am in a pair of black pants and cute top or a dress, as long as I accomplish my goal, I am happy!

A few weeks ago, I met up with Sophie Kawalek, a photographer in the New York/New Jersey area, for coffee after a long day of lawyering. After chatting and enjoying our iced coffee, she shot a few quick photos of me in my REAL work clothes. No…I didn’t go home and change before our coffee date. I went straight from the office to the coffee shop.

This is what I look like on a real work day. Please note, my hair is not perfectly straight and I am not wearing any makeup. This is the real me!

PS. I am OBSESSED with these slip ons. I bought them as a birthday gift to myself in June and I have literally worn them every other day since their arrival.

STYLE: The Summer Lawyer

Top: Loft (Old, Similar HERE), Skirt: Banana Republic (ON SALE!!!), Bag: Louis Vuitton, Watch: Freedom to Exist, Shoes: Everlane, Necklace: Maya Brenner, Rings: Ariel Gordon Jewelry, Bracelet: ILYMIX (Use Code JESSICA20 for 20% off)

STYLE: The Summer Lawyer

STYLE: The Summer Lawyer

STYLE: The Summer Lawyer

STYLE: The Summer Lawyer

Necklace: Maya Brenner

STYLE: The Summer Lawyer

STYLE: The Summer Lawyer

Photography by Sophie Kawalek

1. August 1, 2016 / 2:08 pm

These pictures are beautiful! I wouldn’t noticed that they were after a day working at all- but I definitely know what you mean. After leaving school I always feel a bit grimy and not at my best, and the makeup is definitely long gone! Love that top so much!
    Emily

2. Anna
    August 1, 2016 / 2:18 pm

Don’t you just love Maya Brenner?! I have the asymmetrical initial necklace with my kids names (or first letters of their names), and I never take it off!
    XO,
    Anna

3. August 1, 2016 / 2:26 pm

I wouldn’t have thought you worked all day either! You look beautiful babe! Xo

4. sarah lindner
    August 1, 2016 / 2:37 pm

You look amazing for having worked all day! those flats look super comfy also!
    xoxo
    Sarah Lindner

5. August 1, 2016 / 2:48 pm

Girl you are looking GREAT after work!! I am typically HAGGARD!!! LOVE this look! That purple was made for you! Those shoes top it off and I NEED That bag! XO

6. August 1, 2016 / 3:11 pm

I love those shoes!! so fun and they look comfortable too! xoxo

7. August 1, 2016 / 3:11 pm

I adore the honesty in your first paragraph because it’s the TRUTH!!! You look AMAZING after lawyering all day!!! Adore your jewelry, truly the perfect touches to that outfit!!

xoxo
    Tiffani

8. August 1, 2016 / 4:07 pm

The ‘real’ you in BEAUTIFUL! Love the purple on you. I hear ya about changing in random places–for me it’s in the back part of my husband’s huge truck. I’ve given 1 too many people driving by a free show when shooting blog looks 😉 Love that you shared a natural workday look!

xox,
    Kristin

9. August 1, 2016 / 5:15 pm

I love the real you!!! You look comfortable and chic 😉

10. August 1, 2016 / 9:39 pm

You still look great after a day of work. Love that purple top; the color looks great on you! Xoxo

11. August 2, 2016 / 12:13 am

Love your outfit and i NEED this bag! Great photos. Thanks for sharing 🙂

12. August 2, 2016 / 1:03 am

Love this post! Yes, I have changed in cars, restaurant bathrooms, tents, parking garages…lol the list goes on…just for the perfect outfit photos! Sometimes it’s good to be REAL! You look fabulous and your outfit is perfect!!! Xo Jana

13. Anna
    August 2, 2016 / 2:42 am

This is such a gorgeous Summer-to-Fall look. The purple color was made for you! It’s such a rich shade! XO

Anna || A Lily Love Affair

14. August 2, 2016 / 4:57 am

I LOVE how RAW and REAL this post it! like seriously its such a bore to see pERFECT made up photos all the time, I love that this is YOU and you are GORGEOUS! xo C

15. August 2, 2016 / 10:18 am

I like the look of the purple top, very smart!

16. tara
    August 2, 2016 / 8:52 pm

Love the realness! I use to do that and found it so stressful and unenjoyable I thought why am I even doing this? I now only blog three times a week but its actually the outfit I am wearing (bless those collaborations!) I love how since starting my blog I can get ready so quickly now that I have practices my make up and hair. My other four days a week though, you bet I am usually in a jeans, tee and flats!
    xo, tara