I was struggling with what to do with them, and then thought, if I roasted the figs, they would taste great with some Trader Joe’s Creamy Toscano Cheese Soaked in Syrah. Then, I thought that rosemary would work really well with the fig and the cheese. And it did. They were perfection! The figs just melt in your mouth. They are such a nice addition to my cheese plate!
From the Farm to My Table
Cheese Board: Vintage, Cheese Knife: Fred and Friends
Fresh Figs, sliced in half
Brown Sugar, 1 tablespoon
Cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon
Dried Rosemary, 1 teaspoon
Honey or Agave, 1 tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the figs in a PAM greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon and rosemary on the sliced figs.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until the figs are tender.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cool, remove from the baking dish and place on your serving platter. Drizzle with honey or agave right before you are ready to serve!