We have been on a riced cauliflower kick ever since (FINALLY) finding it at Trader Joe’s. I know we are a little late to the riced cauliflower party. We had been wanting to try it for a while, but every time I was at Trader Joe’s they were sold out!
Last night for dinner, E and I decided to pan sear some cod with Italian seasoning, and I was looking for a side dish to complement it. I thought it would be a fun idea to pair the riced cauliflower with tomatoes and cheese. Typically, I wouldn’t pair cheese with fish, but this was actually perfect. We will be eating leftovers for lunch today!
Trader Joe’s Fresh Riced Cauliflower, 1 bag
Tomato, 1 large, diced
Onion, 1, diced
Garlic, 2 large cloves, minced
Tomato Paste, 1 tablespoon
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (“EVOO”), 3 tablespoons
Trader Joe’s Diced and Fire Roasted Tomatoes, 1 can
Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
Sea Salt, to taste
Cabot Garlic and Herb Cheddar, 1 cup, shredded
- Heat your Le Creuset Dutch Oven on the stove-top on medium heat. Add the EVOO.
- Sauté the diced onion until translucent and minced garlic until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and sauté until the onion and garlic are a bright shade of red.
- Add the diced fresh tomato to the pan and sauté until some of the liquid from the tomato has come out.
- Then add the entire bag of the riced cauliflower to the pan. Once all of these ingredients are combined add the entire can of the canned tomatoes.
- Turn the heat down a bit and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally so the bottom does not burn.
- Cover with a layer of shredded cheese and broil on high for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and slightly browned.
- Serve immediately!