LOCAL: A Mast Brothers Chocolate Shop Grows In Brooklyn

Every couple days Gilt and Gilt City emails land in my Gmail box. Over the last couple months I hadn’t seen anything that excited me to the point of buying it. Then I saw that Mast Brothers in Brooklyn had a deal going for a tour! The deal included a tour for two of their Brooklyn facility and a $20 credit per person to buy some chocolate. I had been wanting to try their chocolate for a long time so this seemed like the perfect opportunity!

Tours are available Monday through Sunday from 11:00AM to 5:00PM and occur every hour for 30-40 minutes. We arrived about 30 minutes before a tour was set to begin and had no trouble getting a spot. If you arrive closer to the start time however you may have a problem as the tours fill up quickly! I snapped some photos before the tour because once we began the tour, photos were not allowed. The 30 minute tour included an explanation of cocoa beans (we got to touch and taste one) and the entire process of how they turn these pods into their signature collection of chocolate bars. The guide explained that they source cocoa beans from several different countries, each with a slightly different flavor profile. She also gave a detailed history of the Mast Brothers brand. The Mast Brothers seem like very interesting people!

At the end of the tour we tasted 8-9 different types of chocolate. My personal favorites were the Sea Salt, Olive Oil, and Goat Milk! I know Goat Milk chocolate sounds strange but if you like goat cheese as much as I do, you will LOVE this chocolate. It had a slight tang which I couldn’t get enough of. I would have eaten an entire bar if they let me. Thankfully, we had $20 each to spend on chocolate after the tour! E and I each carefully selected our bars. I love their packaging as well. It is so modern and chic! We ended up with 10 bars of chocolate. I cannot wait to try and bake with them! Many of the flavors would also pair nicely with a nice cheese and glass of wine.

I cannot wait to see other flavors they come up with! We will definitely be visiting again the next time we head to Brooklyn. E wants to try their chocolate beer!

Become a Gilt Insider and receive their emails too! Score points just by shopping, sharing on social media and more. Then redeem them for exclusive discounts and offers!

Address: 111 N. 3rd Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201

Open Daily from 8:00AM – 7:00PM

LOCAL: A Mast Brothers Chocolate Shop Grows In Brooklyn

LOCAL: A Mast Brothers Chocolate Shop Grows In Brooklyn

So…They have chocolate beer!

LOCAL: A Mast Brothers Chocolate Shop Grows In Brooklyn

Next Time I Am Getting A Cookie

LOCAL: A Mast Brothers Chocolate Shop Grows In Brooklyn

LOCAL: A Mast Brothers Chocolate Shop Grows In Brooklyn

LOCAL: A Mast Brothers Chocolate Shop Grows In Brooklyn

LOCAL: A Mast Brothers Chocolate Shop Grows In Brooklyn

LOCAL: A Mast Brothers Chocolate Shop Grows In Brooklyn

LOCAL: A Mast Brothers Chocolate Shop Grows In Brooklyn

Bags and Bags of Cocoa Beans

1. September 26, 2016 / 2:40 pm

Beautiful store & wrappers on the chocolate !

2. September 26, 2016 / 3:12 pm

What a beautiful space!?!!? I want to visit!!! XO

3. September 26, 2016 / 3:18 pm

Definitely going to try this place out next time in BK

4. September 26, 2016 / 3:25 pm

I know it’s weird, but I’m not that into chocolate. But I do adore the way the cookies are set up!

5. September 26, 2016 / 3:37 pm

I need that cookie! And I don’t like beer but I may try it if it’s chocolate 🙂

6. September 26, 2016 / 5:06 pm

As a self proclaimed recovering chocoholic, this place is dangerous for me lol. Thanks for sharing it looks like a cool modern place with yummy chocolate. xo, Emily

7. September 26, 2016 / 10:04 pm

I come to Brooklyn at least once a month! So going there!

8. September 26, 2016 / 11:03 pm

I love love local posts because it shares a side of you that makes you you! I love it! I can’t wait to explore more next year and see new things and discover new places!!

Courtney Bentley || http://www.courtneyvioletbentley.com

9. Nicole
    September 26, 2016 / 11:55 pm

WOWWWWW! What an amazing place, I love chocolate and and wanted to jump into your post and eat everything. Happy Monday lady!

Xo,
    Nicole

10. September 27, 2016 / 2:10 am

My mouth is absolutely watering. I absolutely LOVE Goat Cheese, so that chocolate sounds so intriguing to me! This would be my kind of place!
    Emily

11. September 27, 2016 / 3:23 am

HI Jessica! What a great chocolate shop. I have never been to NYC but will put it on my list for when I visit (hopefully next summer!). Now I need to go eat some dessert 🙂

~Jessica | http://www.petitestylescript.com/

12. September 27, 2016 / 12:52 pm

I love the Subway tiles they have going on (sorry, I’ve been watching a lot of HGTV lately). Glad to hear you had a great time during the tour.. wow, 6 different chocolate?! I would love to try something like this. And that chocolate chip cookie is big enough for two!

13. September 29, 2016 / 6:40 pm

Oh man, I cannot resist me a good ole chocolate bar. This looks amazing, and the bars of chocolate are making me crave it right now. Such a nice post! xx Adaleta Avdic