BAKE ME: Cranberry Cottage Cheesecake with Muuna

Looking for an easy, delicious and protein packed dessert for Thanksgiving? Well I have just the recipe for you! I LOVE cheesecake but it is usually not healthiest dessert option. And fresh fruit, while delicious, isn’t dessert to me. Unless of course it is covered in chocolate!

I have partnered with Muuna, a new reimagined cottage cheese, this holiday season to find new ways to incorporate cottage cheese into our diets. This cheesecake is light and fluffy but not too sweet. You won’t even miss the cream cheese! The cranberry compote is tangy and seasonally appropriate! It will make such a nice end to your Thanksgiving feast!

I had never really been a huge fan of cottage cheese. The texture was always an issue for me. My father has been on a self imposed diet over for the last year and he eats cottage cheese every single morning. He has lost a TON of weight! So when Muuna reached out, I picked up a couple cups of their cottage cheese at my local supermarket so I could give it a try. The texture of Muuna is definitely different than regular cottage cheese. It is actually creamy! If you love greek yogurt, like I do, then you will LOVE Muuna!

Muuna is available in single and multi serve containers, that can easily be enjoyed at breakfast and lunch or as a mid-morning and afternoon snack, at home or while on the go! They come in a variety of flavors! My favorites are the strawberry and blueberry. Muuna is low calorie, high in protein, contains no high fructose corn syrup or stevia and is free of artificial flavors, colors and sweeteners. Muuna is also gluten-free and certified Kosher. Basically, it is the perfect snack! You should definitely check it out!

Scroll down for the recipe!

BAKE ME: Cranberry Cottage Cheesecake with Muuna

Sugar, 1/4 cup

Butter, 6 tablespoons, melted

Pumpkin Pie Spice, 1 teaspoon

Cheesecake Filling:

4% Muuna Cottage Cheese, 1 large container

Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt, 1 cup

Maple Syrup, 1/4 cup (I used Hill Farmstead’s Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup and it added a nice smoky flavor)

Flour, 2 teaspoons

Eggs, 2

Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon

Directions:

Cranberry Compote:

1. In a small saucepan mix everything together. Bring to a boil and then turn to low. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.
  2. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.

Crust:

1. Place the graham crackers into your food processor. Pulse until you have small crumbs.
  2. Melt the butter in a  small saucepan.
  3. In a large bowl mix together the crumbs, melted butter, sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
  4. Spray your Pyrex Pie Plate with Pam.
  5. Press the crust mixture into the Pyrex.

Cheesecake Filling:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. In a blender, blend together the cottage cheese and greek yogurt until it is smooth.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, flour, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
  4. Empty the contents of the blender into a larger bowl and then add the mixture from the smaller bowl.
  5. Fold everything together.
  6. Pour the cheesecake filling into the Pyrex.
  7. Bake for one hour or until the cheesecake is set.
  8. Allow to fully cool before topping with the cranberry compote.
  9. Chill in the refrigerator before serving!

For more information, visit www.muuna.com or join the conversation on FacebookTwitter and Instagram with #Muuna.

Thank you Munna for partnering on this post.

1. November 22, 2016 / 3:07 pm

OMG yum! I love cheesecake too and this is something that I would love to try. Thanks so much for sharing.

Xoxo Amber

2. November 22, 2016 / 3:46 pm

I’ve never been a fan of cottage cheese, but you never know. It does look good though.

3. November 22, 2016 / 5:31 pm

Cheesecake is one of my favourite desserts! Looks super tasty!

4. November 22, 2016 / 5:37 pm

This looks so delicious! My husband thinks the same you do about cottage cheese but I myself love it (with applesause is my favorite way to eat it). Cottage cheese is a great way to add cheese to a dish without the fat. I love it in lasagna too!

5. November 22, 2016 / 6:57 pm

Hi Jessica, this cranberry cottage cheesecake with Muuna looks amazing. I just wish I could taste it right now! I’ve never heard of the Muuna brand but will have to look for it in the grocery store now 🙂

~Jessica | http://www.petitestylescript.com/

6. November 22, 2016 / 8:22 pm

Love this post! How creative and I love how clearly you broke everything down (I am not a great baker!) so this is helpful. I will have to try this out! Happy Thanksgiving babe!

7. Brooke
    November 22, 2016 / 8:33 pm

Baking this right away! I’m a cheesecake fanatic, I could hardly look at your pictures without drooling! The recipe seems very easy to use. Thanks for sharing 🙂

8. November 22, 2016 / 9:04 pm

I was JUST looking for a recipe for thanksgiving. Definitely going to make this. Looks so good!

9. November 22, 2016 / 10:05 pm

This looks so yummy, and the recipe is super easy to follow.
    I should try it out — thanks for sharing 🙂

10. November 22, 2016 / 11:46 pm

I can’t say I’d ever thought about using cottage cheese in cheesecake, but what I dislike about cheesecake is how rich it is. Maybe the cottage cheese would lighten it up!

11. November 23, 2016 / 6:59 am

I love cranberries! They are one of my favorite fruits. I’m certain that this dish is awesome!

Beth || http://www.TheStyleBouquet.com

12. November 23, 2016 / 11:51 am

I never would have thought to use cottage cheese for cheesecake. This recipe looks great! I am going to have to save this for later!

13. November 23, 2016 / 4:10 pm

This Cranberry Cottage Cheesecake looks incredible! I bet the tart cranberry flavor combines with the sweet cheesecake beautifully. It’s a gorgeous looking dessert too. A must try for me!

14. November 23, 2016 / 5:02 pm

OMG I hated cottage cheese growing up!! The texture always freaked me out and it never had any taste. A lot of girls in high school always ate it for weight loss. I’ve still never really had it since I was young but…if the texture of this one is different, I’d be down to try it!

15. November 23, 2016 / 8:28 pm

I’m in charge of dessert this year for Thanksgiving! I think I just found my dish. Off to the grocery I go!

16. Paige Strand
    November 23, 2016 / 9:26 pm

I did a double take when I read that, I had no idea cottage cheese could be worked into something so sweet and delicious!

17. November 24, 2016 / 6:40 am

I would like to search this brand in the nearest supermarket in my town. I like to put cottage cheese on a french toast. Really delicious!

18. November 28, 2016 / 4:49 am

OMG! This looks incredibly delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us!