Happy Thanksgiving, aka Turkey Day, aka Gobble Gobble Day!
I have been counting down to this day since last year’s Thanksgiving! Only 365 days. No biggie. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday on the calendar. What could be better than family, food and Black Friday shopping?!
This morning, my mother and I woke up insanely early to prep our 14 pound bird and stuffing and get them in the oven! Since we will be eating a VERY LARGE meal later this afternoon, we wanted to make a lighter breakfast. As I mentioned back in my cottage cheesecake post, my father has been on a bit of a cottage cheese kick lately. I decided to share my love of Muuna with him by making the entire family some of my pumpkin spice oatmeal pancakes with cottage cheese. They are surprisingly fluffy, taste like Thanksgiving, and are ridiculously easy to make. All you need is a skillet, food processor and the ingredients. Thankfully, the ingredients list is a short one!
Hope you have an amazing and tasty holiday!
Muuna Lowfat Plain Cottage Cheese, 1 5.3 ounce container
Pumpkin Pie Spice, 1 teaspoon
Rolled Oats, 1/2 cup
Sugar, 1 teaspoon
Vanilla, 1 teaspoon
- Blend all of the ingredients together in your food processor until smooth. Pour into a measuring cup. It is easier to control the flow of the batter into the skillet this way.
- Heat you Le Creuset Skillet on medium heat and spray with Pam.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and once each pancake round starts to bubble, it is time to flip it over.
- Once browned on both sides, remove from the pan.
- Serve with your favorite maple syrup. Our favorite is the Hill Farmstead Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup.
Thank you Muuna for partnering on this post.