Our last CSA box of the year included a turnip. I had never eaten one before, at least not on purpose. I had absolutely no idea what to do with it!
I decided to treat it like any other vegetable and roast it with some of our favorite spices! Paprika gives nice flavor without much spice. I can’t handle really spicy food so it is perfect for me. And I use sea salt and garlic powder in just about everything. We LOVE garlic! This recipe is very easy and they make a great side dish to any main course!
Also isn’t this platter super cute? I picked it up at our local kitchen shop, Kitchen a la Mode.
Turnip, 1, sliced thinly
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (“EVOO”)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with Pam.
- Place the sliced turnips on the sheet pan and drizzle each one with EVOO. Using a pastry brush, brush the EVOO on the turnips to make sure they are fully covered in EVOO.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Serve immediately!