STYLE: Leggings Are Pants

Contrary to popular opinion, leggings are MOST DEFINITELY pants. They are the most comfortable pants around. As long as they aren’t see-through, of course. Nobody wants a free show.

Finding a good pair is not an easy task. I have spent YEARS trying to find the perfect pair, and I think I FINALLY found them! They are from the Girlfriend Collective. Believe it or not, I found out about them from a Facebook advertisement. Their leggings are plain black, eco-friendly, and made in Vietnam under certified humane conditions out of recycled plastic water bottles. They are so freaking comfortable! With each wear, they mold to your body. I have never had a better pair of leggings in my life! I have been living in them lately. I may or may not have even worn them to work…

A few weekends ago, E and I were heading out for some dinner, and I did NOT want to change into jeans. Stretchy pants are WAY more comfortable when you are about to inhale some artisanal pizza…Carbs on carbs on carbs! I decided to pair my favorite leggings with this longer pink v-neck sweater. It has fleece on the inside and is super cute.  I knew it would match perfectly with my pink velvet booties. I have been wearing them every opportunity I get.  Just because you are wearing leggings doesn’t mean you can’t wear fun shoes. Lucky for you, these booties are on MAJOR SALE. For less than $20, they can be yours! That is such a steal!

I wore them during New York Fashion Week, and Emily Jackson, of Ivory Lane, complimented me on them. It was a total “pinch me”and fan girl moment! More on New York Fashion Week coming next week!

Sweater: Zaful (c/o), Leggings: Girlfriend Collective, Shoes: Go Jane (ON MAJOR SALE!), Watch: The 5th

Photography by Laurel Creative

1. February 22, 2017 / 1:30 pm

I SO agree!!!! I wear leggings as pants like everyday! I’m over jeans. And I have the same velvet booties, except they are a deep burgundy!!

XO,
    Chelsea
    InspirationIndulgence.com

2. ruthie ridley
    February 22, 2017 / 3:06 pm

You look so cute!! Love that top and those boots girl!!

3. February 22, 2017 / 3:47 pm

Oh I am so glad you posted this! I just saw the Girlfriend Collective ad on my Facebook for a crazy good deal and was about to take the (not so much of a) plunge. They look so cute with the velvet boots & that pink sweater. I may love Blair Waldorf, but her and I will have to agree to disagree on the leggings as pants 🙂 xx Shannon

4. February 22, 2017 / 4:09 pm

Leggings are always pants and I am obsessed with your shoes!

5. February 22, 2017 / 4:15 pm

These leggings look sooo comfy! I might need to get myself a pair! You can never go wrong with too many pairs of nice leggings 🙂 Also, I love them with the pink boots! Those are gorgeous!

xx

6. February 22, 2017 / 5:42 pm

Oh my goodness, okay. The boots are amazing. Totally agree that leggings ARE pants (minus the free show). And I would TOTALLY be fan girling out over Emily Jackson complimenting me too!! You are so cute! I can’t wait to hear about NYFW!

xo, jess

alljessedup.com

7. February 22, 2017 / 8:42 pm

I really like this cute little outfit! Really suits you! And the boots!!!

8. February 22, 2017 / 8:53 pm

I love love leggings, but those shoes are amazing! How fun! Pink is my favorite color to accessorize with! It really brightens up an outfit!

9. Nicole Fuentes
    February 23, 2017 / 12:26 am

I don’t mind leggings as long as they are worn with tunic tops and I totally agree with you, see-through are a big no no. Love the barbie dool boots!
    xx, Nicole

10. Victoria Schneider
    February 23, 2017 / 1:51 am

OKay. Yes to all of this! Leggings are my game! And I am OBSESSED with those boots:)
    victoria | http://www.thesoutherntrunk.com

11. February 23, 2017 / 3:08 am

Love this look and those boots are fab! Too bad they don’t have them in my size. 🙁

Belle | One Awesome Momma

12. February 23, 2017 / 3:30 am

I love wearing leggings! This outfit makes for a very stylish (and comfy, that’s important!) combination!

13. February 23, 2017 / 8:01 pm

I think I wear leggings more than other pants/jeans – haha! They are definitely pants in my opinion! Great post. Also LOVE those shoes!

xo,
    Leanne

14. February 23, 2017 / 8:31 pm

I’m just getting into leggings as pants and really enjoying the trend. Just love your shoes and how they worked with your oufit.

15. February 24, 2017 / 2:59 am

You look totally cute! LEGGINGS ARE PANTS!