So…I know this red, “white” and blue muffin recipe comes a little late. I really should have posted it before Memorial Day. Don’t worry…you can still use it for the 4th of July!
Over Memorial Day, I was craving baked goods (all of the carbs) for breakfast, but wanted something quick and easy. While I would normally have made my mother’s FAMOUS banana chocolate chip muffins, I didn’t have any dead bananas laying around. I did, however, have a ton of fresh berries in the refrigerator. I love when berries are in season (and inexpensive at the market)! E loves raspberries and I love blueberries, so I thought why not combine the two in my muffin recipe. I threw in some chia seeds for an extra punch of Omega 3’s.
The berries added a nice tartness to the muffin. The muffins were the perfect holiday breakfast. We may or may not have eaten them in bed!
Fresh Blueberries, 1/2 cup
Fresh Raspberries, 1/2 cup
Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds, 1 tablespoon
Coconut Oil, 1/3 cup, melted
White Sugar, 1 cup
Almond Milk, 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extra, 1 teaspoon
White Flour, 1-3/4 cup
Baking Powder, 2 teaspoons
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut oil, sugar, almond milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the large bowl.
- Mix until just combined. Slowly fold in the raspberries, blueberries and chia seeds. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fill your pre-greased muffin tin or muffin lined tin with the batter, until each of the muffin wells is about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.