STYLE: No More Mosquitos with Per Vigore

I don’t know about you, but during the summer months I get EATEN ALIVE by mosquitos. My body does NOT respond well to the bugs of New Jersey. In fact, when I get mosquito bites here, they swell up into HUGE welts and turn all sorts of interesting colors. While this was concerning before I got pregnant, it is even more concerning now that I am pregnant and that the Zika virus exists. While Zika has not reached the Northeast, getting bitten is still something I am worried about.

When Per Vigore reached out to me regarding a their new line of insect repellent maternity clothing, I knew I had to try it. The designer for Per Vigore was inspired to create the line because her sister in law, who lived down South, was struggling to find insect repellent clothing that was appropriate for the workplace and social outings. She created a selection of tops, bottoms, and dresses that could be mixed and matched together to create several sophisticated, yet comfortable looks.

I selected their black leggings and long sleeved sheath because I thought they would be easiest to move around in and would also be work appropriate. I have been LIVING in the leggings ever since they arrived! They are incredibly comfortable and actually look more like work pants then leggings. And they aren’t see-through when you bend down!

The long sleeved sheath can actually be worn as a dress. It is so easy to move around in and, when twirling around in the street, as one does, it has a lot of really nice movement. And while you might think I was crazy for walking outside in long sleeves in the New Jersey heat, you would be mistaken. The entire Per Vigore line is constructed from a very lightweight material that doesn’t feel heavy on the skin at all!

It is so nice to be able to go to work, go for a walk, or just hang out on the porch in either of these pieces, and not have to worry about getting bitten by mosquitos. I am a big fan of the line and recommend them to all the pregnant mamas out there, who are tired of being mosquito dinner!

Thank you Per Vigore for sponsoring this post.

Top, Bottom, Shoes, Bag, Necklace

Photography by Laurel Creative

1. June 19, 2017 / 1:57 pm

So, what is the deal? Are the pieces infused with insect repellent? How does it work?

• June 20, 2017 / 4:47 pm

Hi Dominique,

Sarah from Per Vigore here!

We infuse Permethrin, which is an EPA-approved insect-repellent chemical, into our Italian-made fabrics. Extensive research concluded that Permethrin is safe and poses no adverse health effects to any human when infused into clothing. In fact, Permethrin is 27-times below the EPA’s level of concern. Permethrin retains its full repellent potential for nearly 70 washes, and only thereafter, it will begin to diminish minimally.

You can find more safety information regarding insect repellents in factory-treated clothing on the EPA’s website: https://www.epa.gov/insect-repellents/repellent-treated-clothing.

I hope this helps to clarify the questions you have. Please also feel free to email us at support@pervigore.com with any further inquiries.

Have a great day!

2. June 19, 2017 / 2:42 pm

I didn’t even know there was such a thing as insect repellent maternity clothing! If I were pregnant and living back in Florida I would need this for sure because I always get bitten by mosquitoes when there.

3. June 19, 2017 / 7:24 pm

I’ve never heard about repellent clothing befor. Is a great idea and your outfit is cute.

4. June 19, 2017 / 8:31 pm

What they don’t tell you about the Amalfi Coast — MOSQUITOES everywhere! This would have saved my life and my legs!

5. June 19, 2017 / 8:53 pm

I had no idea you could get mosquito repellant clothing for everyday wear! I thought that was only for camping gear and that type of thing. I live in the South and the mosquitos here are very hungry little critters, so I NEED this line of clothing asap. lol
    erin | sandsunandmessybuns.com

6. June 20, 2017 / 12:56 am

I ALWAYS get bit by mosquitoes and I always freak out! This is such an awesome idea and their clothing looks super cute too!

7. Anna English
    June 20, 2017 / 1:54 am

This is by far the coolest thing!

8. June 20, 2017 / 2:45 am

I cannot stand mosquitos in the summer! I definitely need these awesome leggings!

9. June 20, 2017 / 3:47 am

You look so great! Hope you are feeling just as well. 🙂

10. June 20, 2017 / 4:04 am

I had no clue there was insect repellant clothing- crazy! This outfit looks super comfortable… and glad it’s keeping pesky insets away!

11. Nataly
    June 20, 2017 / 3:46 pm

This is so awesome! I am highly allergic to mosquito bites! I need to check out their stuff!

12. June 20, 2017 / 4:49 pm

You look FABULOUS Jessica!! Thank you so much for this lovely post!
    xo

13. June 21, 2017 / 12:20 pm

I’ve never heard of such a thing! They look really comfy!