Much to the pleasure of my husband and coworkers, I make it about once a week. My husband noticed just last week that my regular banana bread recipe, with white all purpose flour and chocolate chips, was not on the blog. Such a travesty! It is a very easy recipe that you can count on for a consistent result, and is so moist and full of banana flavor.
So, here I am correcting this horrible error. Scroll down for all of the recipe details!
Bananas, 2-4 ripe, mashed
Margarine, 1 stick, unsalted, melted
White Flour, 1-1/2 cups
Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Soda, 1/4 teaspoon
Brown Sugar, 1/2 cup
White Sugar, 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray your loaf pan with PAM or cover with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas.
- Add the margarine, sugars, eggs and vanilla to the large bowl and mix together until just combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the large bowl and mix until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- At this time, fold in your chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes and then remove and cool on a wire rack.