Sometimes you just want a muffin for breakfast. Well, at least I do. Who’s with me?
While my banana chocolate chip muffins make for an amazing breakfast, they are little decadent to eat regularly. So, I created this banana chia seed blackberry muffins recipe (that I occasionally add a few chocolate chips to for good measure)! While it is still a muffin, it is packed with fruit (read: HEALTHY), antioxidants, and omega 3 fatty acids. What could be bad about that?
BANANA CHIA SEEDS BLACKBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE
Fleischmann’s Unsalted Margarine, 1 stick, melted
All Purpose Flour, 1-½ cups
Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
Sea Salt, ½ teaspoon
Baking Soda, 1/4 teaspoon
Ripe Bananas, 3-4, mashed
White Sugar, ½ cup
Brown Sugar, ½ cup
Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
Fresh Blackberries, 1/2 cup
Chia Seeds, 3 teaspoons
Chocolate Chips, 1/2 cup (optional)
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray your muffin pan with Pam or use these silicone baking cups.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sea salt and baking powder together in a medium-mixing bowl.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, mix together the melted margarine, white sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
- Slowly add the eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chia seeds, blackberries and chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into your muffin pan or baking cups, until each is about ¾ filled.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for your blackberry muffins for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
So, have you tried these blackberry muffins? What do you think? Let me know in the comments below!